Monday 9 June 2014

Trying the Trend: Orange Lips

I think that we can all agree that orange lips are a huge trend for this Spring/ Summer & being a bright lipstick lover I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! 

I searched through Boots for AGES looking for a really nice bright orange lip colour but unfortunately every product that claimed to be orange leaned more on the pinky/coral side when swatched. To be fair though, the Boots where I live is pretty rubbish & I'm sure if I'd have been patient enough to wait until I was near a bigger store I would have found something but I have the patience of a toddler so that wasn't an option for me.

I then turned to the internet to find the perfect colour & that's where I stumbled across NARS's Satin Lip Pencil in Timanfaya (don't ask me how to pronounce it, I have no idea!). Luckily I had a discount code for ASOS at this point so I managed to buy it for just under £14 instead of £18 from their site! I'll need to keep ASOS in mind for high end beauty products when they're offering discount codes in the future as I'd never really thought about it before but it really is a great saving considering how expensive these products can be! 






I took these pictures after I'd been out for the day so please excuse the fact that my makeup is slightly melting off my face. I also forgot that the camera angle used in the above pic isn't the most flattering for my tennis ball sized eyes. Ah well.

As you can see from the pictures, Timanfaya really is a bold lip colour & that's why I love it! I wear it with subtle makeup everywhere else of course as I don't want to end up looking like a clown. 

The "satin" aspect of this lip pencil is really nice as it means it just glides on to the lips & doesn't dry them out at all. This product delivers a really opaque coverage after just a couple of layers & it lasts for hours without need for a top up. 

I really am loving the orange trend at the moment & as you can see from the pic above, my lip pencil has been really well loved over the last few weeks! 

What do you think of this colour? Do you have any recommendations? 

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate any comments that you leave & will always get back to any questions!