Wednesday 7 May 2014

My Daily Makeup

Hello lovelies! Today I thought I'd write about the products I slap onto my face everyday to make myself look half decent. I'm always (& I mean always) running late so I try to keep it as fuss free as possible. 

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow | £26.50 | Available here
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer | £4.19 | Available here
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder | £3.99 | Available here
Mac Prolongwear Blush | £20.00 | Available here
Urban Decay Naked Palette | £37.00 | Available here
L'Oreal False Lash Flutter Mascara | £10.99 | Available here 
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil | £2.99 | Available here
Carmex Lip Balm | £2.89 | Available here
Clinique Lip Gloss | £16.00 | Available here 

Okeydokey, I'm just going to start going through these products in the order that I use them.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation
I don't want to go on too much about this foundation as I've already reviewed it here, but I'll just say it's a great light-medium coverage foundation which lasts all day. I have the shade "Believe in me Ivory" which is the lightest shade for pink-based skin tones (still a bit too dark for my fair skin but blended out it looks fine). One pump is enough for my entire face & I apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
The beauty blogger's favourite concealer. I don't think much needs to be said about this as everybody & their granny has reviewed this but it really is the best concealer I've ever tried & I don't plan on trying another one anytime soon. I put it under my eyes to cover dark circles & then use it on any blemishes then blend it out with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This is my third tube of this which shows how much I really do love it & mine is in the shade "fair". 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
I then set all of my base makeup with this powder. It is again a blogging favourite & sets makeup really well without looking cakey. Mine is in the shade "transparent" because I don't want any more colour on my face &  I again use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to put this on. This isn't the best brush for powder & I'm on the lookout for a real powder brush at the moment. If you have any recommendations for a brush then please let me know!

Mac Prolongwear Blush
I then move on to blush. I have the MAC Prolongwear Blush in the shade "Blush All Day" which is described by MAC as a "light dirty rose beige". This is a great colour if you just want your cheeks to have some colour without looking too flushed so it's ideal if you've got quite heavy eye makeup on but still need a bit of colour in your cheeks. Now I got this blush about a year ago when I had my makeup done at MAC & the makeup artist used this blush to compliment quite a dark grey smokey eye. I bought it because I genuinely didn't own ANY blushes at all & after she put it on I really felt like I needed one to make my face look a bit more alive. I do like this shade but it isn't anything spectacular & I'm sure there are many similar colours for a lot cheaper on the high street. What I'm trying to say is that if I was to buy a blush from MAC now, I'd probably go for something more colourful & unique that you wouldn't be able find on the high street rather than a colour like this that I'd be able to find easily from cheaper brands. I apply this with my Real Techniques Blush Brush.

Urban Decay Naked Palette
I then move on to eyes. I could rave on about the Urban Decay Naked Palette all day but I'm sure we've all read enough rave reviews about it so I'll try to be quick. I absolutely love this palette; it has such a great variety of extremely pigmented colours which can be used for a lighter daytime look or a really smokey evening look & I can see this lasting me for AGES so it really is worth the money. I'm always running late so try to keep my eye makeup fuss free; I usually blend the shade "sin" all over the eye using my Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush & then either blend "toasted" or "hustle" into the crease using my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush.

L'Oreal False Lash Flutter Mascara
Once my eyeshadow is done I then move on to mascara. At the moment I'm using L'Oreal False Lash Flutter mascara in "extra black" & I absolutely adore this mascara. I bought it quite recently & I'm so glad I did; the brush is a really unique shape (winged, like a butterfly wing - false last 'flutter' - get it?) & seperates the lashes really well. I'm considering doing a full review of this mascara soon.

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil
The picture of this brow pencil actually makes me a tiny bit ashamed as I'm really using it until the bitter end haha, I REFUSE to buy a new one when there's still some life left in the old one! My eyebrows are ridiculously light considering my natural hair colour is a very dark brown so I really need to give them some definition. I'm extremely fuss free when it comes to my eyebrows; I've never tried any powders as my eyebrows are extremely light & sparse so I don't think powder will give me the defined look I'm after. However if anybody has any recommendations of great powders then please let me know! I use this pencil in the shade "black/brown" as I really don't feel that "dark brown" is dark enough to go with my dark hair. I basically just use it as you would use any other brow pencil & then blend it out slightly with the brush on the lid. I think this is a great product for £2.99 as I've had it for quite a while.

Carmex Lip Balm
I have really dry lips so before I apply any sort of makeup on them, I really need to have a good lip balm on for a couple of hours. This lip balm is AMAZING - it actually works wonders on dry lips. It's great value for under £3 so if you haven't tried it I really recommend it.

Clinique Lip Gloss
Finally, I use the Clinique lip gloss in "clearly pink". This is a really gorgeous clear pink which gives a nice "finished" look to the face. I actually bought this a couple of years ago in the airport on the way home from a holiday as I had some euros left which wouldn't be worth much if I brought them home & transferred them back to our currency. As with the MAC blush, this is a nice colour but I'm sure a really similar colour can be found on the high street & as this one is almost finished, I'll definitely be on the lookout!

So there we have it, a list of all of the items that make me look human on a daily basis. Do you have any of these products or any recommendations based on these? Let me know!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate any comments that you leave & will always get back to any questions!