Monday 2 June 2014

Review | Clinique Chubby Stick Intense - Mightiest Marachino

Hello lovelies! Today I have another review for you: one of Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense balms in Mightiest Marachino. 




Clinique Chubby Stick Intense | £17 | Available here

The Clinique Chubby Stick Intense balms differ from their original Chubby Sticks as they deliver more bold & intense colour than the originals so you'll end up with an opaque coverage as opposed to just a wash of colour. 

Now as you can probably see from the picture, my Chubby Stick isn't full size (just read that statement out & it sounds SO wrong) as I got mine in a Clinique gift set that my mum & dad brought home from their holiday to New York in February. 

To be honest, I used it a few times when I got it in February but since then I just completely forgot about it & it sat forgotten in my makeup drawer for months. That is until last Saturday when I was wearing a nice Summer-y dress & thought "a red lipstick would look so good with this!" but the only red lipstick I own is MAC's Viva Glam 1 which in my opinion is too dark for a really sunny day. I then remembered the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense & when I put it on it just looked absolutely GORGEOUS. I know most people see red lips are more of an Autumn/ Winter thing but I think the colour of this Chubby Stick Intense - Mightiest Marachino is a really beautiful Summer red as it's not too dark & it's really glossy. 

I wanted to show you the true colour of the balm so the swatches on my lips were after around 3 swipes of this balm whereas in the pic of my whole face I've used 1-2 swipes so it really can be as sheer as you like if you just use one swipe or you can build it into a really intense beautiful colour with a couple more layers. It really is a gorgeous colour & like I said I think it's perfect for Summer! The formula just glides on perfectly & doesn't dry out the lips whatsoever, even after wearing it all day. It's not sticky, doesn't bleed & it honestly doesn't feel like you have anything on. I would say the wear time of this balm is about 4 hours which is great considering how balmy (is that a word?) & moisturising it is but of course if you're eating & are a mucky pup like me when it comes to food then you'd need to keep it nearby for touch ups. 

Overall, I'm really happy with this Chubby Stick Intense & would definitely reccomend it if you want bold colour without the drying aspect of some lipsticks, but of course it can also be as sheer as you want so it really is a two in one product. I now have my eye on a couple of the original Chubby Sticks! I'm going on holiday in September so may treat myself in duty free. 

What do you think of this product? Do you think that red is a colour that can work in Summer? And have you tried any of the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense balms? Let me know in the comments below!

Jen x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate any comments that you leave & will always get back to any questions!