Saturday 31 May 2014

Wedding!

Hello lovelies! Hope you've all had a great week, I'm off placement for the weekend which is nice because I'm exhausted after my first few shifts (that's why I've not had many posts up this week, I'm sorry!!). Anyways, as I wrote about in my last "This Week" post, I attended my cousin's wedding last Saturday so I thought I'd write a post about it! 

Me & my sis

No time to take pics before I left so a bathroom pic was required

Me, my mum & my sister

The ceremony 

My cousin's beautiful boys

The happy family

My cousin & her bridesmaids on the bouncy castle

Josh absolutely loved seeing his face on my phone's camera!

My mum & dad on the dancefloor

Me & my gorgeous cousin

One of the wedding favours

Dress | Topshop
Shoes | New Look | (Old)
Bag | £15 | Available here

I'll start off with my outfit; I had no time for any 'proper' outfit pictures before I left as I was employed by my mum & sister to do their makeup as well as my own so I ended up running around like a maniac trying to get ready on time & did half of my own makeup in the car on the way there. My dress was from Topshop's petite section (no link unfortunately as I can't find it on their website anymore). I'm so happy it was from the petite section because most dresses I buy need to be taken up since I'm such a tiny hobbity elf. I loved the colour of it & it fit really well. It can also be dressed down with a denim jacket & converse. I bought my shoes from New Look last year & I absolutely love them - the multicoloured aztec pattern means that they go with every colour imaginable & I can walk in them without looking like Bambi learning how to walk for the first time. I bought the clutch bag a few weeks ago from Accessorize which I think went really well with the outfit.

On to my makeup; I used my usual foundation (Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow) & concealer (Collection's Lasting Perfection) along with NARS Orgasm blush from my NARSissist palette (review here). As my cheeks & lips were pink, I kept my eye makeup quite light - using two colours from my Urban Decay Naked Palette (sin all over the lid & hustle in the crease). On my lips I used my new MAC lipstick in Chatterbox (review here) which was a nice pinky colour to compliment my dress.

The weather was so gorgeous last week which was lucky as we get about four sunny days a year in Scotland. The ceremony room was dressed beautifully with pink & green ribbons tied around the chairs & fairy lights right behind where the ceremony took place. I thought the bridesmaids' dresses were absolutely beautiful too! When my cousin first told me the colour they would be I honestly wasn't sure as I personally don't think pink & green go that well together but I think the shades she chose complimented each other perfectly & the bridesmaids all looked beautiful in them. My cousin's wedding dress was absolutely gorgeous & fit her amazingly well considering she had twins less than a year ago! The boys were so well behaved all day & I managed to grab a few cuddles with them throughout the day until my other relatives insisted that they should be allowed to hold them too. There was a bouncy castle outside which was great fun for the kids at the wedding (& the adults!). At night my older cousins arrived as well as my brother & his girlfriend & it was lovely to see everyone all together & dressed up. My mum's side of the family is quite big so it's difficult to get everybody together at the one time! There was a band at night which was great fun & after a few too many drinks it didn't take much convincing to get me up dancing with my cousins. My cousin couldn't dance properly in her wedding dress so later on in the night she changed into her onesie which I found absolutely hilarious!

To sum it up - I had an absolutely amazing day!

Anyways, I'm absolutely bawling because I've just caught up with the last episode of The Vampire Diaries (does anybody else watch it? HOW COULD IT END LIKE THAT?!) so I'd better wrap this up before my laptop packs it in due to water damage.

What do you think of my wedding outfit? Do you have any Summer weddings coming up? And how GUTTED are you about the ending of The Vampire Diaries? Let me know in the comments!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate any comments that you leave & will always get back to any questions!