Tuesday 20 May 2014

Review | MAC Chatterbox Lipstick

Hello lovelies! Hope you're having a great week so far, I'm back at uni for a week & am having a bit of a freakout about how much work I have to do at the moment, so naturally I thought I'd sit & write a blog post... 

You may have seen in a haul post a I wrote a while ago that I bought a new MAC lipstick in the shade Chatterbox. I needed a lipstick to go with the dress I'm wearing to my cousin's wedding (which is this Saturday, eeeeh!) & after showing one of the mua's my dress, she chose this shade to match. I bought it & then brought it home where it sat forgotten in my room for almost two weeks as although it was a nice colour, it wasn't a shade that would normally be on my wishlist (I'm into bright lipsticks) & I just needed something to go with the dress. I then decided just to try it on one day & oh my goodness I absolutely adore it! I honestly feel like I should apologise to it for leaving it unused for so long. 




Mac Chatterbox | £15 | Available here

Apologies for the disaster that is my face (although you can't see too much of it thankfully). I took these pics after a full day of uni so my face is rather shiny & I was too darn lazy to powder before I took the pics.

Moving on, how gorgeous is this lipstick?! It's one of MAC's amplified creme finishes which means it's gorgeously creamy as well as being amazingly pigmented - what more could a girl want?

The formula is fab for girls like me who have really dry lips as it just glides on & feels really moisturising. It also lasts bloody ages before I need to top it up. I'd assume a lipstick as creamy as this would need topped up every 1-2 hours but this can honestly last around 5 hours on my lips without any need for a touch up, & if it does fade it does so in a natural & even way. 

I absolutely love the colour of this lipstick & think it's the perfect Spring shade for me. It's just a gorgeous everyday pink (MAC describe it as a bright red-pink) which is so easy to wear & it suits my pale skin tone really well. It looks amazing with some pink blush (I wear it with NARS Orgasm from my blush palette - review here) & simple eye makeup; I'm just using a wash of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze all over my lids at the moment. 

If you're on the lookout for a gorgeous Spring lipstick I'd definitely advise you to give this a try as it's the only lipstick I've been wearing for the past week & a half! What do you think of this colour?

Jen x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate any comments that you leave & will always get back to any questions!